The best way to prevent ear inflammation or infection for your cat or dog is through regular maintenance. Maintaining healthy ears with natural remedies is easier than one might think. Here are some great natural ear cleaning remedies and how to use them.
1. Apple Cider Vinegar (Raw & Organic)- dilute with water, half water and half ACV
2. Witch Hazel (Organic)
3. Tea Tree Oil (**NOT FOR CATS, DOGS ONLY)- dilute with purified water
4. Hydrogen Peroxide
The above remedies are known to be antibacterial, antiviral, and anti fungal, making them great natural ear cleaners for pets!
How to Use These Remedies
1. Soak a cotton ball in one of the above remedies. Wipe the inside of the ear, around the ear canal with the cotton ball. Do NOT put the cotton ball directly in the ear canal.
2. Using your finger, allow 8-10 drops of the chosen remedy to fall off the tip of our finger and into the ear canal. Gently massage the ear in a circular motion.
3. Repeat with the other ear.